Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thank you Bonnie Hunter!

Before we left for Spring Break I finished a top from my fabric scraps for a Bonnie Hunter's pattern, Crayon Box, from her site Quiltville.  


I still have to finish sewing the back.  I'm thinking about attempting to straight line quilt it at home on my Brother Innovis 4000D sewing machine. I've only machine quilted a meander pattern on a baby quilt and I wasn't thrilled with the result.

I am most concerned with getting all the layers quilted without puckers.  It is just too easy to lay it out and straighten it on a longarm machine's frame.  I just don't wanna pay the rental fee to longarm quilt it myself at our local quilt shop.

This is the second piece quilt I did in October 2009.  I did longarm quilt it myself in a meander pattern at our local quilt shop.  It is Bonnie Hunter's, Boxy Stars, pattern.


 I read Quiltville forwards and backwards several times researching to see if I thought I could tackle teaching myself to quilt.  Bonnie Hunter's website helped me out so much when I first started quilting.  I love her patterns and her website. 

Thank you Bonnie Hunter!

Her next pattern I'm eyeballing is her Sister's Choice when my scrap bin gets replenished.

I'm off to get a few things done around the house then finish the back to my quilt.  

See ya later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilts! I love the Quiltville website too. So many quilt patterns I want to do there! Just not enough time in a day, is there?

Paula Lynn said...

Hey! My first comment. Cool, thanks!

V and Co. said...

ooh! i LOVE that quilt! oh it's just beautiful! thanks for linking it up to my site! i'm so happy i saw it!