Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!


Today is my dear friend's 40th birthday.

This is the Disappearing Nine Patch quilt I've been working on for her birthday gift.

It's made out of a cut up layer cake and several charm packs of the Nostalgia  fabric line by Moda.


I finished it this past Monday with time to spare which is very unusual for me.

Using a monthly project list helps me stay focused on getting projects done on time.

And boy!, it's such a relief not to be in a panic to get a project done.


I love the backing fabric. It's part of the Nostalgia fabric line too.

I longarm quilted it at our local quilt shop with a meander pantograph.  

Hmmm....maybe I should of chosen a simple floral pattern.

I never can decide.  Choosing the quilting pattern is the hardest part for me.


I made the quilt label on my Brother 4000D embroidery machine.

I can't wait to see this quilt after she washes it a few times.

It will be a great cuddle quilt.

Happy Birthday Shaleen.  Love ya!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm a new reader, and I just had to comment on this quilt! :) I love Nostalgia (I have one itty bitty charm pack of it, contemplating using it for a friend) and I love the Disappearing Nine Patch - so I thought this was just beautiful! Your friend will love it! :)

Sandra said...

This is so pretty! I've seen the disappearing nine patch pattern in other fabric lines, but this is just stunning. Your friend is very blessed!