Monday, May 31, 2010

My Baby's 17th Birthday


Today is my baby's 17th birthday.

He was born 17 years ago today and it was Memorial Day the day he was born too.

My husband's aunt and cousins, from Oklahoma, were down the street staying with my husband's grandma for the three day weekend.

I woke in the morning thinking that I was in labor but didn't have the tell tale signs.

Just a little dribbling and no contractions.

Later that morning my husband was outside mowing grass.

And his grandma called wanting to know when we would be down.

I told her during the conversation that I thought my water had broke.

She told the rest of the family that was there.

Mike, my husband's cousin, was willing to come over and help...

fix our........plumbing.

Needless to say, we did go to the hospital and at 12:05 a.m. May 31, 1993, we had a beautiful 8 lb. 10 oz. baby boy,  Ryan Christopher.

I love, love, love my baby.


And he loves his Mommy.




No comments: