Monday, May 3, 2010

It's May Already?


Time flies when you're having fun.

Guess April was a fun month because it flew by in no time.

I was able to complete a project from my April's To Do List and a part of another project.

Two table toppers/runners for Mother's Day gifts were completed. Yea!
I think that this is the first time ever (...umm...yea, ever) that I completed a project for a gift with time to spare and I'm not working until the very last minute, sweating it out, to get it done.

It's nice not being in panic mode.


The navy topper is from Heather Mulder Peterson's On A Roll pattern book. I completed it in Moda's Flag Day Farm fabric from my stash.


The other is a table runner I completed in the disappearing nine patch pattern with the charms from Moda's Nostalgia.

The charms were leftovers from another project that was on my April's To Do List.

It's a May birthday present for a very dear and cherished friend.

I completed it with a charm cut layer cake and several charm packs of Moda's Nostalgia from my stash.


I'm using the Ecru from the Nostalgia collection for the backing of the quilt and a scrappy binding from the remaining charms.


It worked out well for me to actually make a quilting to do list. It helped me stay focused on completing a project before starting another and making another UFO.

Now off to work on a May list.

Keep your sewing pedal down!


No comments: